Save Your Sanity 2018
Each year, we see a number of applications for the popular Save Your Sanity series of workshops for teachers, and last week we received information outlining the schedule of seminars for January 2018. These are very informative sessions, and for many teachers, it provides valuable strategies for dealing with issues that pop up on a daily or weekly basis. Once again, the presenter is Colleen DeVeyrac, an international public speaker, teacher, and educational consultant presenting workshops across Australia, Canada, and New Zealand. She will cover topics such as:
- Proactive strategies that can be implemented immediately in the classroom
- Strategies for anxiety
- You as a strategy
- Handling Stressful situations in a calm manor
- Executive functioning strategies for children
- Organization, communication, cognitive, social skills, goal setting and anger/oppositional strategies
- How to create a safe secure environment and to empower students to become a part of their learning community
This workshop focuses on Strategies! Strategies! Strategies!
To register for the seminars, which take place in Winnipeg, Brandon, Regina, and Saskatoon, download this PDF form, or visit their website http://www.saveyoursanity.ca. And remember, if you are wanting to access the SRTA Professional Development fund to cover costs, it’s best to apply as early as possible, as funds are limited.
Also new to note this year — the Save Your Sanity folks have also developed online courses for your convenience, click here to access more information.