In case you missed the article in the most recent SRTA Newsletter, here are the details on the newly ratified Collective Agreement with the SRSD:
- Effective Period: July 1, 2014 to June 30, 2017 (3 years).
- Salary Scale: 2014/15: 2%; 2015/16: 2%; 2016/17: 2% (NB: unless otherwise noted, these increases apply to all salaries, rates and allowances).
- Administrative Allowances: 2014/15: K–8 principals shall receive the higher base rate currently paid to 9–12 principals; all salary increases to apply.
- Sick Leave Days: Maximum accumulation to increase from 125 to 130 days.
- On-the-Job Injury: Division shall reimburse uncovered out-of-pocket expenses to a maximum of $1,000.
- Family Medical Leave: Expanded scope re: usage at discretion of Superintendent.
- Compassionate Leave: Up to two (2) days per year at no loss of pay are now available to attend funeral as pallbearer or mourner.
- Maternity/Parental Leave: Change adoptive to parental; application of Employment Standards Code to be included.
- Respectful Workplace: SRSD Policy in conjunction with WSH legislation to be included in C/A.
- President/Officer Leave: New article to be included in C/A; option of either 50% or 100% release.
- Extra-Curricular Leave: LOU to be attached to C/A providing 1 day of paid leave for performing 50 hours of extra-curricular activities.
- Substitute Teachers: Mileage allowance shall apply to substitute teachers travelling between worksites.
- Short Term Disability: New Article to be included in C/A that STD Plan shall be administered in accordance with attached LOU.
- PD Fund: 2014/15: To increase from $75,000 to $85,000; 2015/16: $90,000; 2016/17: $95,000; 2017/18: $100,000.
- Report Writing/PD Time: LOU re: joint committee to study issue.
While the final details are being worked out, we would advise our members of the following:
- Start keeping track of your extracurricular hours, so that once the process for logging these activities is in place, you can transfer that information over to count for this year. The clause is retroactive to September 2, 2014.
- If you suffer an on-the-job injury, please keep track of your expenses in the event that they are covered under the new article in the agreement.
- Substitute teachers that are replacing members who regularly claim mileage as per article 28 of the agreement should now be claiming mileage expenses for that assignment.
As always, if you have questions about the new agreement, please call SRTA president Jonathan Waite at 204-270-0215 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.