The following message was sent by our friends at the Manitoba Teachers’ Society. All of these opportunities would be eligible for funding through the SRTA PD Fund. We encourage members who are interested in attending to register soon, as demand for some of these opportunities is quite high.
The Manitoba Teachers’ Society is pleased to offer a variety of professional learning services and events for the 2018-2019 school year:
WORKSHOPS AT MCMASTER HOUSE
- Our first workshop is on Saturday, September 22: Workshop on Workshops: Building capacity in teachers to develop presentations and facilitate professional learning for adult learners. Recommended for teachers and leaders who develop and present at PD days and professional learning events. Topics: Conditions and practices for adult learning, brain-friendly teaching; 4C’s of workshop design; and facilitation skills for high participation and engagement.
- Our second workshop is on September 24-25: The Role of the School Guidance Counsellor: School counsellors and aspiring school counsellors will receive tools to plan, design, and effectively implement comprehensive and developmentally-sound counselling programs. Topics: Guidance counselling program design; guidance education; roles and responsibilities; challenges and dilemmas; and crisis intervention.
- For a detailed listing of all our 2018-2019 workshops: http://www.mbteach.org/mtscms/2017/05/02/pd-workshops/
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
WORKSHOPS BY THE TEACHER-LED LEARNING TEAM
The Teacher-Led Learning Team (TLLT) is offering six workshops available to be facilitated on site at your school or divisional PD Days: http://www.mbteach.org/mtscms/2016/08/14/teacher-led-learning-team/
For more information, contact Danielle Normandeau at email@example.com
Personnel Leadership: October 2018 – April 2019. Details at http://www.mbteach.org/pdfs/pd/PD_fieldledcourses_2018_19.pdf
For more information, contact Danielle Fullan Kolton at firstname.lastname@example.org
FAB 5 – BEGINNING TEACHERS’ CONFERENCE
A conference designed for teachers in their first five years of teaching
For more information, contact Julie McClintock at email@example.com
- ORANGE SHIRT DAY on September 30th to Honour Residential School Survivors
- Details will be available at www.mbteach.org, MTS social media, and The Manitoba Teacher
- Use the weeks leading up to Sunday, September 30 to integrate lesson plans, posters and t-shirts to remember the past and create a better future
- Order your Orange Shirt Day t-shirts today at www.mts.unionproud.com
- QMUNITY: YOUR MTS RAINBOW CONNECTION on Friday, October 19th from 4:30 p.m. – 6:30 p.m. When you are in Winnipeg for MTS PD Day, consider ending your day by gathering with our community. Location: McMaster House, 191 Harcourt Street.